Advertisement

Jedi Knight 2 - dynamic animation

Started by June 16, 2002 11:54 PM
1 comment, last by llvllatrix 22 years, 2 months ago
Anyone know how they did that dynamic animation for Jedi Knight 2? For example you can put you foot up on a ledge if your close to it.
(note: none of this is fact, just guessing, haven''t actually seen what you''re talking about either, guessing for that too )
Normally when you load a model, it has set frames displaying every type of movement, and when you display it you throw it on the map according to it''s center position.
What they probably do is after placing the model, they adjust the feet according the their positions. In theory it doesn''t really sound all that hard does it? Make a foot bone, keep track of how the foot moves, and place it the same way you would the rest of the body (while making sure it doesn''t go to any outrageous places, like a cliff 40m above you).

Of course, this might not be the way they do it, but it sounds like a logical way to go about it anyways.

------------
aud.vze.com - The Audacious Engine <-- It''s not much, yet. But it''s mine... my own... my preciousssss...
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Advertisement
nope, that sounds about how they did it; minus the lack ov outrageousness... flying stormtroopers, anyone?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement