Advertisement

remedial type questions, need pointers

Started by May 10, 2002 05:37 AM
-1 comments, last by ArtfulDodger 22 years, 4 months ago
where to begin? first off this site rocks and it it has and links to some very nice tutorials. im just wondering if it is the right thing for me. im a coder who has been handcuffed by the fact that i have no art for my games/ideas, so i end up hacking up different bits of code or doing iddy bitty crap games. What id like to do (as well as every other aspiring code junkie) is to make an rpg. Now the reason im not sure if this is for me is that there is a lot of GBA talk, and there is almost solely anime/comic art. which is cool, but im looking for something a little more fallout/fallout tactics/jagged alliance 2/shadowrun on the snes/crush deluxe type stuff (so the last one is a little off subject). im wondering where i can find tutorials to help me with this (my ''artist'' really, as he has no computer art experience. also what tools do i need? i have paint shop pro, 5 or 7 or something. What resources can aid me? what books should i get? what input devices? i have the design document for a shadowrun rpg and a future sports turn-based type game that ive been sitting on for way to long, i need art! Anyway, i just want to know what i need and what can help me. Should i model with 3d then convert? (can i?) what color depth should i use? what resolutions? any help or pointers or advice will be received with open arms. thank you p.s. i have read lamothes book ''tricks...gurus'' and have been debating getting the isometric book that came out some time ago whos name eludes me right now

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement