Advertisement

Mikha... concept art (my first Illustrator attempt)

Started by May 05, 2002 01:16 PM
5 comments, last by deGVR 22 years, 4 months ago
I've started coding for a platform game and over the weekend I got some inspiration for the characters and setting... Now usually I do sketches on paper, scan them, clean them up and color them in using Photoshop. However my scanner broke... so I decided to give Illustrator a try... never used it before, but I'm enjoying it So here's the first bit of art for the lead character of said platform game... Mikha So... tell me what you think you guys. Sorry about the file size... I wanted high quality. -edit- Doesn't this forum support an [img] tag? Can't seem to find it in the faq... well, I supposse you guys can C&P the URL above into a browser window... (testing HTML tags instead...) [edited by - deGVR on May 5, 2002 2:18:35 PM] [edited by - deGVR on May 5, 2002 4:35:02 PM]
haha, great job on that. It made me start laughing as soon as I saw it

By the way, I think html image tags work here.
Advertisement
Thanks for the tip... most forums don't allow HTML so I didn't even bother trying (DOH!)

ANyway... I seem to be on a roll...

Here's Mikha's sworn enemy... Dr. Coldfinger

His left foot's not quite right yet.. and maybe I should add some more shading (?) like with Mikha himself, but other than that I'm pretty satisfied

[edited by - deGVR on May 5, 2002 4:42:50 PM]
Yeah, maybe make the black contrast a bit more with the brown. Nice all round. As a suggestion maybe you could make the rims on "Mikha"''s glasses opaque instead of transparent, transparent brown looks odd.
Yeah the transparent rims were a mistake... hadn''t quite figured out the transparency bit in Illustrator yet
Here''s Mikha again... now with opaque rims for his shades

Advertisement

Yeah, maybe make the black contrast a bit more with the brown.

The brown(ish) color was a side-effect of the transparent rims... they''re full-on black now, they way they''re supposed to be.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement