Advertisement

MS Paint

Started by May 04, 2002 06:35 PM
12 comments, last by Puzzler183 22 years, 4 months ago
Hello. I am running a little short on cash right now and am wondering what interesting effects can be achieved with MS paint. I have looked into it and done some pretty neat stuff but would like to squeeze everything I can out of paint until I get Paint Shop Pro or the like. Please help.
Although this isn''t what you asked for: try downloading the Windows port of the GIMP. It isn''t quite as nice under Windows (a little unstable), but it isn''t too bad.

Advertisement
OK. I''ll try it.
I decided I would still use paint and if anyone wants a look at what I made (I think I did some neat stuff considering what I had to work with), you can post your email.
Try Pixia, it''s freeware AFAIK.
Paint Shop Pro (Shareware/Cheap)
Advertisement
The best way to use the GIMP is to construct a box out of old computer parts and throw in some flavor of linux or unix on it. The windows version of the GIMP is claimed to be unstable to it''s unix/linux counter part. But.. too bad that it will not support my old cross ipen graphics tablet =(. also take a look at rlvision.com.. their paint program is pretty good.

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

the only unstable portion of gimp i have encountered has been is printing images. otherwsie no crashes or other problems. unless you have used it and expierenced problems, please dont knock it. many linux ppl call it really unstable because they just dont like iwndows as a whole, and really dislike the idea of a very powerful gpl graphics app being ported to windows (ie the enemy). persoally i prefer psp for doing actually drawing since the interface is much better (ie vectors, better control over brushes). gimp on the other hand is good for messing around with an image after creation (psp is good as well, but gimp has some features psp does not). DONT run gimp under linux on an old pc, you will dread the slowness of the older cpu when dealing with certain filters.

the best thing to do is go on the net, and search for all the freeware graphics apps out there. try all the ones that seem to have the features you want. at the very least gimp will let you work with layers, and add an alpha channel if desired. also gimp support png, jpg, and tga which all are very useful for use in games due to their compact size or alpha channel support.
Download PaintShop Pro 7. Then, get a program called DateCrack, and crack it so you can use it all you want!

If thispost = 0 Then
GoBack()

Else
Read()
End If
I'll have a link to the TriFaze website as soon as possible. It's still currently being designed, by myself of course! =) I'll update the URL and my signature as soon as possible.Feel free to send me a message on Yahoo! or AOL IM™. =)
quote: Original post by a person
the only unstable portion of gimp i have encountered has been is printing images. otherwsie no crashes or other problems. unless you have used it and expierenced problems, please dont knock it. many linux ppl call it really unstable because they just dont like iwndows as a whole, and really dislike the idea of a very powerful gpl graphics app being ported to windows (ie the enemy).

I have nothing against originally POSIX/GTK+ open source applications being ported to Windows. That''s not why I said it was unstable in Windows either, it simply was unstable in Windows; I could close a window (dialog) and it''d crash sometimes . However, it''s been many months since I''ve used the GIMP in Windows, it could have improved vastly in that time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement