Advertisement

Banking 2D spaceship images in Photoshop?

Started by March 10, 2002 08:49 PM
2 comments, last by harleyrana 22 years, 6 months ago
Hi i have tryed to get a good looking series of images for a banking animation in my 2D space shooter, but am not sure how to make the images look like they are really banking. I have used vertical skew, which looks alright, but not good. Any advice? Thanks heaps!
Well the are no good filters or whatever to apply to an image to actually make it look like it''s banking.

In order to truly achieve the effect, you''ll have to redraw every fram of the banking. Ideally for the best effect, you''d want to render in 3-d your ship, and take shots of it in various stages of the bank.

You can get away with making a series of banks to one side, and just mirror the image (assuming the ship is perfectly centered) and have the ship bank to the other side.

With skews, etc, the eye isn''t fooled into thinking "banking ship". All it sees is "skewed image of a ship".

Hope that helps.
Advertisement
hi, i was wondering if i can see your game?
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
yeah i thought that i probally needed to use a 3D program. Just don''t have one.
The game is not really ready to post, but its getting close!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement