Advertisement

Can someone explain how to do this?

Started by February 09, 2002 02:58 AM
10 comments, last by AbsolutDew 22 years, 7 months ago
You really don''t need scripts or 3dsmax to do it. Any 3D modelling program
that has support for keyframe animation (and sequence rendering) will do.

Those ships in that Duel.bmp look like real 3D objects. Someone probably
just put a camera above them, turned on the keyframe animation, rotated
the camera 360 degrees, and rendered each frame out to a bitmap. You could
probably do it with Povray. Might want to look into this.

You''ll have a folder full of 32x32 bitmaps, so you can get a shareware
program that can combine them into one bitmap. I wouldn''t copy and paste
them by hand. Too much work.
Ok im gonna really try everyones patience

i dl''d the kit and I didn''t really like installing that whole thing just for this function, and the angles are apparently limited to whole numbers. ie i can''t do 22.5 degrees which is what i need.

I''ve been playing with photoshop and like kylotan said just rotated it and anchored it to the center, and clipped it. you mentioned losing detail rotating a rotation so i just always based the rotation off the first image and rotated it 10, then 20, then 30, etc.

I have 3d studio max, i looked at maxscript and really got nothing out of it.. If someone (ie Smile ) wouldn''t mind terribly, i''d love on explanation of how you rotate your images. Do you have to have a 3d model? or can you do it somehow with an existing 2d image. maybe if you could post your script? i understand if you don''t want to do that though. any tutorials on this subject?

If not i can make due with photoshop, i don''t have a ton of objects at this point, but i''d like to be able to do it quickly in the future as i add more ships and stuff to my shooter.

and does anyone know of a program like jtech mentioned? that''d save me a ton of time

thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement