🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a 3D alternative to gdevelop Help!

Started by
6 comments, last by SuperVGA 3 years, 1 month ago

Hi, do you know of an open source 3D game engine that is similar to gdevelop in the sense that you don't need to learn a programming language and is simple to use?

Advertisement

@manueldesign , why? What's the problem with gdevelop, is it too unfriendly for you?

You wouldn't be SEO trying to increase the mentions of gdevelop online, would you? So far lots of SEOs have tried that here, but maybe you're legitimately dissatisfied with gdevelop and looking for something better. Would like to know what your complaints are.

By the way, this thread has been moved to the For Beginners forum because anybody who wants to avoid programming would have to be a beginner programmer, so doesn't need to be posting in our highly technical Engines/Middleware forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:
Would like to know what your complaints are.

Don't play his game, just delete the post and ban him. It's the same thing every 3 weeks for the last few months, even when he gets the answer six ways from Sunday.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

@Tom Sloper I need3D

In this case try to go for Unreal Blueprint or Godot's Visual scripting thing but you'll have to learn how to program (or hire someone to do that for you) sooner or later

manueldesign said:

@Tom Sloper I need3D

@manueldesign Then it's too bad gdevelop sucks so bad that you can't use that. In what way does gdevelop suck so bad? Just curious.

Can't we ban this MarkCopperman78 thing? It keeps reappearing and never results in any discussion, or any means to get more information from the account. They were also @michelemolo on here a while back…

I just wish I could figure out what Mark Copperman is trying to accomplish. He can't really be looking for a no-coding 3D game engine, because in the past 2 months since he started posting this question on every forum from answerbag.com to unrealengine.com, using names like @manueldesign , @michelemolo , lucazani, luke_design, mark.copper.man.78, markcopperman12, he has not gotten “the answer” he purports to be looking for.

It should be obvious to him that he's looking for a chimera. Or what purpose might be served by mentioning gdevelop in a backhanded negative light in every possible forum? I could ban every user who comes here asking for a non-coding 3D “alternative” to gdevelop, but an innocent party could be banned unjustly that way.

Tom Sloper said:

I could ban every user who comes here asking for a non-coding 3D “alternative” to gdevelop, but an innocent party could be banned unjustly that way.

That's true… and I suppose it isn't that much of a bother to just answer in brief and await elaboration, if there will be any.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement