🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Games I've created in 8 hours

Started by
2 comments, last by tristan1333 3 years, 10 months ago

I've been attempting to make game engines for quite a while, however, I usually end up never finishing them despite making huge progress in the backend. I think this holds me back, since I can spend hours and hours working on a system without any pleasing results. I've decided to start giving myself a time limit on game making, I time myself each time I code, and when 8 hours is up that's the project done, and I must start the next one. It's been educational as well, working as fast as possible highlights the topics I breeze through and the things I need to study more so I can utilize them on the fly.

UFO Game

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EL3vjcDuM5ZY52rpIQmGjQ81JG44ePrS/view?usp=sharing

A 2D shooter game. You fly an asteroid, and shoot meteors that fly at you. The main issue currently is the borders don't detect when you've crossed them. I need to learn to use polymorphism properly, I understand and have used it before, but the amount of time I would need to spend on it to achieve it, would be unreasonable in the time frame. Download in the link

Advertisement

What particular kind of feedback or suggestions are you looking for? Are you looking for help with borders or polymorphism?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hmm, if someone saw a glaring problem that I haven't mentioned, I'd appreciate it being mentioned. If anyone had input into better ways to go about this uhh, experiment or whatever, also cool.if someone had suggestions to add to a project, I could alot more time to it, then make a version 2. id say this forum post is more of a motivational piece for me to add more stuff and potentially receive feedback, than anything. I understand how to implement borders and polymorphism,this is more a documentation piece.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement