🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help Getting Started with Programming a Rhythm Based Game

Started by
1 comment, last by Alberth 5 years, 2 months ago

Hello,

I'm currently working on a 3D mobile game in Unity, and I've basically designed the whole thing already. Problem is, I do not know where to get started on the music/rhythm integration for the game. I'm relatively new to coding in C#, but am pretty comfortable with the Unity workflow having made some games off tutorials to learn C# and Unity. I was wondering if there is anyone who is experienced in or knows about making rhythm-based games who could help me understand the process? My concept is similar to these to just give you an idea of what I'm going towards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcHzJ5lAdHQ

I've also read about this software Koreographer while doing research on how to make a rhythm-based game, but I'm hoping that whoever's willing to help can help me achieve some of the neat effects that Koreographer can do without buying and learning the software.

Advertisement

Let me ask a counter question, what is rythm in the program? ie when do I score maximum points?

EDIT: Bonus question, How do you detect that in the program?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement