🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game engine on ios

Started by
4 comments, last by Pepsidog 5 years, 3 months ago

I want to make a spelunky type game for mobile, and I would like to develop it on mobile.  I mean on mobile, not just for mobile.  I have an ios ipad. Bare minimum requirements: 2d graphics, asset import, audio, spritesheets, physics, and touch input.  Helpful but not essential features: map editor, spritesheet editor, and sound editor.  Is there anything like that?

I am an indie game developer who enjoys pixel art games.

Advertisement

There was an App presented back in 2014 - 2015 that people could use on their iOS device to make games using a built-in script editor and import Assets. I can't remember it's name (yet) but might search for it because it was written about in a magazine I have

Interesting question -- I've been working on a game built with SpriteKit, using Xcode (and working on it from a Mac)... Googling around I came across an app called Codea which looks like it may have some of what you're looking for? Alternatively you might look into building the core functionality of the game using a more traditional engine, but seek out iPad apps for working on specific parts of the content such as pixel art, level data, etc. Good luck and I'd be curious to hear more about your project or if you come across an ideal solution!

Hobbyist Game Developer • Dev BlogTwitter

On 3/9/2019 at 5:41 AM, devharts said:

Googling around I came across an app called Codea

This is what I seeked for in my magazines :D

I also found this article from 2015

Awesome!  Thanks! I will check it out immediately!

I am an indie game developer who enjoys pixel art games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement