🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Kinda navmesh with ability to fall down

Started by
2 comments, last by QQemka 6 years, 2 months ago

Hello. Since 3 days I am unsuccessfully trying to find way to generate navigation data to be used for 3d click to move in the scene (game level). The navmesh generators (like Recast) are fine except for I need ability to fall down (along vertical axis) from higher positioned, walkable area's edge. Imagine a flat square and a bigger square below it. I would like to be able to jump directly down from the edge (in any point of the edge where there is walkable ground directly below). The scene is created in blender, i got access to all the triangles obviously and that's no problem for me to pre-generate the data structure representing walkable areas, so it is not a problem if it's performance heavy to generate.

How can achieve that? All suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

Advertisement

You need to provide more information, in example apicturr of your map and what are you really trying to achieve my guess is that you do what? I dont know drawnscene from top level and process height data? Once again too less info to help you

All i want to do is to be able to move freely over my scene AND be able to jump/slide down the slope to the lower walakble area.

Imagine a stairs with step too high for our character to step higher. I want him to be able to fall down to the lower positioned level. See?

If i had a slope and a round, smooth way up to the top, then the only way to get to the top would be to walk the way. But if i wanted to get down, i would just fall down at the nearest edge

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement