🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I've created an online game creation tool - This it the first interactive tutorial

Started by
0 comments, last by kin kita 6 years, 2 months ago

Hello GameDev!

This is an introduction to a new web app: Vitalkia.com. homepage - Vitalkia

Making silly games and sharing them with friends and people online is something that is really special to me. When I was 13-14 I used to hang at various game forums a lot. I didn't really make any amazing games, but that didn't matter. What makes us love making games is sharing it with others and learn. Because of this, as a side project while I study, I've been making a new game creator tool. It lets you create cool games completely in your browser. This app will help you creating games!

I've recently created a simple interactive tutorial that takes you step by step through creating a platform game:

Platform tutorial

This tutorial will teach you how to make a simple platform game and introduce you to the app.

So far it's still very early in development, but it's very possible to create great looking games, here is an example.

More info:

The app lets you create games anywhere, anytime. Since it's cloud based, it doesn't matter which computer you use. All code and resources gets stored in your own personal web space associated with your account. Your account can be from Google or a new Vitalkia account if you want.

You don't need to know how to code. The engine allows for direct Javascript coding but also the use of code blocks. The code blocks makes it easy to quickly create something that works.

After you've created your game you can easily export it. It makes it directly available to everyone with an internet connection!

There are still many things to do. For example more code blocks needs to be added, and some bug fixes, but I am looking forwards the future of the app and what people will be able to create with it!

Developer of Vitalkia.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement