🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

App Game Kit

Started by
2 comments, last by lbowman3 6 years, 8 months ago

Does anyone have an opinion about using AGK for game development purposes? I would like to know what others have to say about it and if I haven't posted in the correct place, my apologies.

Advertisement

AGK is fine. I haven't tried the new Visual Editor, but the language, framework, engine works well with either the included Basic Language or C++.  Using the app to push a game directly to your phone makes mobile development fun and easy.  It has limitations, especially for 3D, and some weird quirks, but you can have an arcade style game up and running on PC and android in an evening. 

I personally use it to prototype new ideas and ProcGen experiments. 

Beware the Doom-Bunnies!!! They come from the stars!!

I agree with you completely Ifman1. I am starting out in game development with little to no capital and no other way of gaining significant financial means to acquire the higher end tools, so what do you recommend/suggest for development (for say Windows, 2d or otherwise) beyond prototyping?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement