🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Animation can't retarget in ue4

Started by
2 comments, last by multiappple 7 years, 5 months ago

Hi, There is a strange problem when i retarge an animation.

123962-img_20170128_213035.jpg

Just like you see,the source skeleton is empty. When i push the retarget button,there pop up a error message,like:123964-img_20170128_213044_%E7%9C%8B%E5%

And here is some info about my skeleton:

123965-img_20170128_212917_%E7%9C%8B%E5%

The preview skeletal mesh is none,and you can see that the idle_Anim icon is totally black. I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

Your animation only skeleton has no mesh linked to it, just give it a visible mesh and it will work.

If you don't have a mesh do this:

Download Blender, import the bones, map a simple cube stick man around the bones, use blenders auto weight system and export again.

Do you need to re-target the animation?

Looking at the names it almost looks like that is the animation of the model you have, if it is then all you need to do is assign the animation; there is no need to re-targed animations that belong to the same model.

The reason it wants a mesh is because animation re-targeting is made for passing animations from a full model to a other full model; the mesh is used for bias settings.

So if you have a soldier and a commander they can share animations even if they are not the same size and both different models, all they need

If you want I can do a simple example for you.

Also the Print Scrn button on your key board takes a screen shot, alt- Print Scrn will take a screen shot of the selected window only. Open a 2D editor and paste the image, save it and upload.

Taking photos of the screen makes it harder to read, although it still works. :)

Your animation only skeleton has no mesh linked to it, just give it a visible mesh and it will work.

If you don't have a mesh do this:

Download Blender, import the bones, map a simple cube stick man around the bones, use blenders auto weight system and export again.

Do you need to re-target the animation?

Looking at the names it almost looks like that is the animation of the model you have, if it is then all you need to do is assign the animation; there is no need to re-targed animations that belong to the same model.

The reason it wants a mesh is because animation re-targeting is made for passing animations from a full model to a other full model; the mesh is used for bias settings.

So if you have a soldier and a commander they can share animations even if they are not the same size and both different models, all they need

If you want I can do a simple example for you.

Also the Print Scrn button on your key board takes a screen shot, alt- Print Scrn will take a screen shot of the selected window only. Open a 2D editor and paste the image, save it and upload.

Taking photos of the screen makes it harder to read, although it still works. :)

Thanks,scouting.Actually,this fbx have a mesh and already weighted.But when i import it in ue4,the skeleton can not have preview skeletal mesh.Can u take a look for me ? :((The fbx:http://hotfile.mobi/fxkxn95)

I already solved this problem.

1.Open the skeleton file.

2.click the top left triangle.

3.select the preview mesh for it.

:D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement