🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Cast your vote now!

Started by
6 comments, last by AmbushGames 7 years, 11 months ago
Hello, I want you guys to decide. As I have already said, Iron Might 2D is entering developement, and I want you guys to be able to decide which tool I will use. Some I have considered are Game Maker: Studio, WiMi5, and Notepad++. If you have any game engines you want me to use, reply now!
Advertisement
I vote Notey Mc Padface.
Don't just use the tools someone else says to use.

Do research and testing and choose the right tool for the job.

If I tell you that you need to use a hammer to screw in a screw, will you immediately grab a mallet? No?

Hive think is bad. Good luck!

If I tell you that you need to use a hammer to screw in a screw, will you immediately grab a mallet? No?

True that. I just wanted to see what y'all want, because I'm that guy who actually listens to that stuff. I'm planning on using Gamemaker.

Obviously, what braindigitalis said is good advice. But people here can help with this kind of decision (or at least give you some things to look up)--as long as you provide much more information about what you're doing, and your skill set/experience level. We could recommend a 3D, C++ library (or whatever) but it doesn't help if you want to build a 2D RPG with Java. :P

I'm real concerned about why Notepad++ is in the list.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

I'm real concerned about why Notepad++ is in the list.

It's a programming tool :P

Obviously, what braindigitalis said is good advice. But people here can help with this kind of decision (or at least give you some things to look up)--as long as you provide much more information about what you're doing, and your skill set/experience level. We could recommend a 3D, C++ library (or whatever) but it doesn't help if you want to build a 2D RPG with Java. :P

Well, it is a 2d shooter based in world war 1. I have some knowledge in JavaScript and I know where to find help for all other stuff. Thank God for the internet.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement