🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Strange issue, screen not centered

Started by
-1 comments, last by Acharis 8 years, 10 months ago

I saw a strange thing on one user's laptop (Windows 8.1), the screen (fullscreen or fullscreen_desktop, but not always, depends on resolution selected) is missing part of the view (the left part is cut). He also said "I'm getting this sometimes on older games". He also has some "Driver something crashed something" but not always, if he runs the game second time it works. Note that laptop is pretty buffy (two gfx cards connected together) and modern and can play basicly any modern game.

I have run my binaries on various computers (like 10 years old, terribly crappy integrated cards, etc) without any problem, no one else was able to reproduce this issue (but I was not testing it on that many machines).

I'm using SDL 2.0.1 + other standard SDL2 libs, also OpenGL 2.0 (no shaders, no lights, not nothing, basicly displaying textured quads) for rendering (SDL just opens the screen).

Any clue where the problem might be?

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement