🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Unity WebGL Export Graphical Issues

Started by
2 comments, last by ferrous 8 years, 10 months ago

Hi,

I'm currently hoping to port my Week of Awesome III entry to WebGL using Unity's exporter and have been faced with a strange issue:

available here: http://orymus.com/MEDIA/DIUWoA3WEB/

Notice the two following issues:

Issue # 1

Notice here how the visual appears stretched despite being forced to a 16:9 resolution (same as the original). It seems like the UI Canvas anchor system may be at work?

Issue # 2

Notice the texture (material) of the primitive: it is off (should be centered as per the original entry).

I was able to sort all other issues, but these two visual issues (which may very well be related) are puzzling me.

Things I've tried so far:

- Changing the Rendering Path

- Changing Batching settings

- Forcing resolution (1280X720)

- Reviewing all UI anchors

- Confirming original sprite sizes

- Googled / Stack-overflowed to no avail

Thoughts anyone?

Advertisement

I haven't dug too deeply into it, but isn't still in some sort of early alpha/beta/preview? Last I tried it, it did not seem ready for actual use. You might be better off still using the web plug-in for now, and explaining to people how to enable it in Chrome.

I haven't dug too deeply into it, but isn't still in some sort of early alpha/beta/preview? Last I tried it, it did not seem ready for actual use. You might be better off still using the web plug-in for now, and explaining to people how to enable it in Chrome.

Seems like Kongregate discourages from doing this, in fact, I believe they won't try to load anything under Chrome if there's no WebGL files to look into (they have a double-delivery format with Unity builds nowadays).

Thanks for the input though, I'd be happy if this isn't my fault!

Ah, that's terrible, but understandable on Kongregate's end. I hope Unity is working hard to make their WebGL not suck.

EDIT: Have you tried enabling the console to see if you get any decent debug output?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement