🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2D Action Adventure Game Development, there are many?

Started by
-1 comments, last by angelinlight 8 years, 11 months ago

Hi,

My name is Alex, and i developed an 2D Action Adventure Engine.

I was researching to find another game engines that have some of the features of my engine, i am writing an article, and after that i will make public my engine. But i need to know if there are another engine that have some of the features that my engine have.

My Engine is written in C++.

The features of that engine are:

Map Management.

The map management provides tools to add itens, objects, positional sound, multiple layer of tiles, collision.

Sound Management, with positional sound, so, if you move on the map the sound will move too, and background music with fade-out and cross-fade effects to change the sound.

Clearance pathfind, like RTS pathfind, it allows to move objects of the different size on the graph.

OBB Collision for oriented objects.

Menu Management, tools like checkbox, drop down list, list of itens, slidebar are provided on the engine.

Level management, the engine can change your active level if you ask too, using multithread, the only requirement is that youl level class inherits from the Engine::Level.

Dialog management to simulate the conversation between two characters, is possible to create questions and provide options, its also possible to associate each one of those questions to a callback function to create a response to that.

Is there any Engine with those features?

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement