🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Unity 5.1 and Rune Locomotion system?

Started by
-1 comments, last by Ender1618 9 years ago

I am currently using Unity 4.6, but I plan on upgrading my Unity 4.6 commercial license to Unity 5.1 soon.

Part of my project still uses the legacy animation system for character animation (will be porting that to Mecanim in the future), and it currently makes extensive use of the Rune Locomotion System for foot planting over uneven terrain during character locomotion.

I just read a user comment on the Rune Locomotion System asset store page, that said the system would not work at all in Unity 5+ (even if you are still using the legacy animation system for character animation), for undisclosed reasons. But it does still work in Unity 4.6.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Does anyone know of a good replacement for abilities of the Rune Locomotion System, but works with Mecanim?

I came across "Mecanim - Basic Foot Placement", in the asset store, but it doesn't claim to support a large amount of what the Rune system could do.

Thx,
-Ryan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement