🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Declaring a statement in BCB5.0

Started by
4 comments, last by rodneyldixon 22 years, 11 months ago
Ok, I put a button on the form, and I want the button to exit when I press it. But I do not know what to type for the button because BCB code isn''t like the old VC++ code when all you have to do is type the code and compile it, and have of the time you''ve got your program right there. Please Help ME!
Advertisement
Select the button, and bring up the object inspector (F11). Select the events tab, and find the event you want to set. You can type a function name in, or double click on the text box to use the default name. However - since the event you want is the default event for buttons, double-clicking on the button will create the event automatically. The code to close the form is simply Close();.
quote: Original post by Beer Hunter
Select the button, and bring up the object inspector (F11). Select the events tab, and find the event you want to set. You can type a function name in, or double click on the text box to use the default name. However - since the event you want is the default event for buttons, double-clicking on the button will create the event automatically. The code to close the form is simply Close();.

That''s it? I didn''t know C++ Builder had such a simple language structure.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Wow cool. Glad to see that others have found out about BCB.

And yes, the sytax is that simple for a lot of things... although you can get as complex/low level as you need. For that reason, and also the great job Borland has done on the compiler and VCL, BCB is an absolute joy to use, especially for application/windows programming. I would highly recommend it to anyone, as it can also compile everything I''ve ever seen that works in VC++.

Great product
Yeah, BCB rules for windows based applications...
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Yeah, BCB does rule the GUI app scene. As far as I''m concerned, some people who are using Visual Basic, really would be better off using it or it''s brother Delphi.

The only thing I don''t like about it is the fscking IDE. And some more compiler options would be good.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement