🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Installing Allegro

Started by
1 comment, last by raptorstrike 19 years, 10 months ago
I just recived the book Game 'Programming All In One' 2nd edition. I have read over and over how to get allegro to work, but the auther just keeps jumping from allegro to these crazy idieas of his to installing allegero then look at reference e and f. It is just going way over my head. What I have so far is I auto-updated Dev-c++ and I go theallegro files and them all installed. Now I need to commpile them? or I need to add some linker option. I dont really understand what I need to do could someone please help so I can get started :) Thanks
Advertisement
Dev-C++ Installation.

Installing Allegro involves compiling it. And you need to link with the library, yes (liballeg.a).

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

well i did the same thing if you got it under auto update then go to new->project->multimedia tab then there should be an allgro.dll then just include "allegro.h" and your on your way
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement