🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

wierd compile error with allegro/mappyal

Started by
5 comments, last by smart_idiot 19 years, 11 months ago
Hello all, ok straight to the problem. I was using allegro and dev c++, and I was working on some tile stuff, and I decided to try the mappyal so I can import mappy fmp files. The program was compiling fine until I included the mappyal.h and .c files. Ever since I added those 2 files, I started getting this wierd error I hadn't seen before. I was wondering if anyone had seen this error before, and could perhaps point me to a solution. LINE: make (e=2) FILE: C:\Dev-Cpp\allegro crap\sprite stuff\tile engine test\make (e=2) MESSAGE: The system cannot find the file specified. FILE: C:\Dev-Cpp\allegro crap\sprite stuff\tile engine test\Makefile.win MESSAGE: [Build Error] [tile_engine_private.res] Error 2 Ok, maybe it was 2 errors. I tried looking around google and the help files for mappyal and allegro. Any clue or helpful solutions fellow GD junkies. EDIT: Apparently, its something with allegro or dev-cpp or whatever. Now all of my allegro programs are giving that error...
---------------Full Time Musician: Staggerin' Monks
Advertisement
It sounds like you goofed up the installation of your compiler, specifically in the compiler options under directories and/or programs.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
I hadn't tried reinstalling or anything, because the compiler had been working previously. Ive been using it for a few weeks now, then it just clunked out while I was messing with mappyal. Guess I should go try to reinstall it, then if that doesnt work, i'll have to keep searching.
Well, I did a reinstall, and now it starts compiling, but, now it gives loads of linking errors, and yet, I know its all linked right.

[Linker error] undefined reference to `__w32_sharedptr_initialize'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetDataRelBase'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetRegionStart'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetTextRelBase'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetRegionStart'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetLanguageSpecificData'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetIP'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_SetGR'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_SetGR'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_SetIP'
C:\Dev-Cpp\allegro crap\sprite stuff\tile engine test\Makefile.win
[Build Error] [tile.exe] Error 1

The .... just had a bunch of the same kind of errors (avoiding repeating it all). I dont get it, it should all be working just fine.
You'll need to add -lsome-library to the linker options. I don't know what library contains those functions, but since you're using them you probably do.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Thats just it, I do have the correctly linked library thing. For some reason, its just broken. Computers hate me. I think im gunna uninstall all the dev cpp stuff and just do a clean install. If that doesnt fix it, then im just going to have to find a new compiler.
I think those functions might have been supposed to be supplied by the compiler. If you're using a precompiled version of whatever library you're using, those functions make have been changed/removed/whatever since it was compiled. If you can, compile the library yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement