🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

PyVGL

Started by
5 comments, last by Gyrbo 19 years, 11 months ago
Hello fellow Game dudes! Just wanted some suggestions on the library Im gonna make called Python Video Game Library (or PyVGL). It is going to be a cross-platform OpenGL library that will allow you to make games entirely in C++ without having to worry about optimization. I want to have it extremely feature rich so that C++ can be used more than Python making it faster and extremely optimized and it will be as low level so only OpenGL will be used no Libraries for other libraries or other speed killers. It will make game programming a sinch. But that will take a while to get it to that point. Right now I need some ideas. Just list what you would like in a game library and I will most likely add it in time (just as long as its not something like a function to add a stripper model in the game or something ;) ) The more details the better! Get list'n! ;) BTW: Im waiting to hear back from SF.NET on whether they will host my project or not, but if they do it will be at http://pyvgl.sourceforge.net
[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::]"If violence isn't the answer why are we at war?"~me
Advertisement
Start by providing the functionality PyGame and PyOpenGL do give :)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
yeah i am planning on doing that as well as VPython (vpython.org) too ;)
[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::]"If violence isn't the answer why are we at war?"~me
Well, sounds like you already have your plate full. May I suggest you use numarray instead of Numeric as PyOpenGL does? :)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Ok can do
Just wanted to say, downloaded VPython. Pretty interesting, but what exaclty is it's intended use? Seemed pretty nice for scientific representations with the examples and all.

I assume it isn't for games?
I'm probably missing something, but why is it called *Python* Video Game Library when you write the games in C++?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement