🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameMonkey: Linking With Other Libs.

Started by
1 comment, last by evolutional 19 years, 11 months ago
I'm Kinda new with scripting languages and very new to gamemonkey. I figured out the concept of GM, but i was wondering. can GM use C libs if they are binded first by a C function? Namely, Standard IO, OpenGL, and OpenAL.
The Month of July Studios
Advertisement
IIRC, GameMonkey is still a rather 'young' script language, and it might not be all that well known on these forums. It receives almost no coverage or discussion here. You might be better off trying the GameMonkey Forums instead. They would almost certainly be able to answer your question.

Good luck
In short yes, you can use C libraries in GameMonkey if you write your own wrapper library for it. If you're interested in doing so, I recommend that you look at Deadsoul's SQLite binding source code.

In short, you create your callbacks and register them as a library with RegisterLibrary(), then register a user-type. Of course, you'll need to register callbacks for each function. So instead of registering all of OpenGL's functionality, you be wanting to write a high level wrapper for it and write the callbacks for that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement