🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Has anyone implemented a C# scripting engine?

Started by
1 comment, last by Integra 19 years, 11 months ago
I am curious as to what techniques people have used, and where I might be able to improve what I have built. Link to a thread describing how I built my scripting engine I'm just curious as to if anyone else has built something similar, or is using C# for a scripting system? The results I have are fantastic, considering my scripts compile to MSIL and are JITed giving me amazing performance, along with the dynamic updating, etc.
Advertisement
I am planning on it, though I haven't even begun to get started thinking about what is necessary for it. Is it possible to distribute the CLI compiler, or will users be required to obtain that on their own? (Obviously mono or C# express can be obtained for free, but it'd be nice to be able to distribute with the code).

The DX summer update 2004 will (supposedly) contain demos of using C# as a scripting language within C / C++ apps. I was kind of planning on waiting until that came out to get started with it.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

Quote: Original post by Etnu
I am planning on it, though I haven't even begun to get started thinking about what is necessary for it. Is it possible to distribute the CLI compiler, or will users be required to obtain that on their own? (Obviously mono or C# express can be obtained for free, but it'd be nice to be able to distribute with the code).

I'm really not sure of the legalities of it, since I use it as a serverside scripting language I have full control of the OS, updates, software, etc so for me this wasn't really a problem.

Quote:
The DX summer update 2004 will (supposedly) contain demos of using C# as a scripting language within C / C++ apps. I was kind of planning on waiting until that came out to get started with it.

Wow I didn't know that, that will be very nice to see!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement