🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Comprehensive Allegro Tutorials

Started by
1 comment, last by valkyr 19 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I've looked at the Allegro tutorials on the Allegro site, but they all seem too old or aren't very comprehensive, for my mind at least. On the other hand, with SDL, I found Cone3d's SDL tutorials very fast and comprehensive. I want to learn some Allegro though because it's a much more high-level library than SDL is and does much more. Does anyone have any sites (maybe along the lines of NeHe and Cone3d) with Allegro tutorials? Thanks! [smile]
Advertisement
The docs are usually good enough for most of us; between that and the example code that comes with Allegro, you'll pick up the basics in no time. Along with that, there's the Allegro Game Development Network and Pixelate Magazine. But really, most of Allegro is pretty straight-forward, so just try using it and post a new thread if you run into any difficulty. [smile]

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Thanks! [smile]

Edit: Just would like to say, AGDN is helping tremendously! I like their style of examples and tutorials. Thanks again!

[Edited by - valkyr on July 19, 2004 10:00:21 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement