🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

how do I paint sprites?

Started by
2 comments, last by Hardguy 23 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know a good program to do animated 2d sprites in? I only know Autodesk Animator but thats kinda old and have very bad res and color depth. ------- Hardguy Currently developing Fiend. A horror as never seen before. fiend.ingava.com Edited by - hardguy on 7/28/00 11:57:24 AM
Advertisement
Try GFX 2 by Sunset Design (I don''t remembet the URL).
It''s the perfect tool for sprites in 8bit. It doesn''t do more color depth.
It doesn''t do animation neither ...

Or did you meant sprites in 16bit and more ???
Then I wouldn''t know for sure.
I am still pissed off with Photoshop, but I have got some techniques after a year of practice.
Otherwise Fireworks is cool but a bit complicated to use.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
The best in my opinion is Dpaint (DeluxePaint) from electronic arts, I do not know where you would get it these days tho''.

Bill

bill@serpentsoftware.com

quote: Original post by Bill

The best in my opinion is Dpaint (DeluxePaint) from electronic arts, I do not know where you would get it these days tho''.

Bill

bill@serpentsoftware.com

Agreed !
Well GFX 2 above has been made by demomakers that loved DPaint. The problem with DPaint being that it is not used anymore.
GFX 2 keep the Dpaint spirit while offering some nice new stuff (though last time I saw it, it wasn''t finished 100%)

youpla :-P

-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement