🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Integrating LUA: toLua or OR_LUA?

Started by
1 comment, last by TonyFish 20 years, 11 months ago
Hi, (Appologies in advance for the double-post but I''d like to reach a large readership!! - Other post was in scripting and mods) I''m investigating the LUA scripting language and elegant ways of integrating it into a C++ based game engine. I have dug up two packages which may be of use: toLua and OR_LUA. Which do you think is more appropriate (taking issues such as speed into consideration)? Do you have any other recommendations? I know that a number of professional game projects such as MDK2 have used LUA. Do you know of any details about this? (How LUA was used within these games, etc..) Many Thanks <Fish>{
<Fish>{
Advertisement
If you''re interested in Lua 5 take a look at luabind.
It''s still beta though (last time that i looked though), but works like charm. Relies on boost, and VC6 with at least SP5,
but once you got those...

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Also, LuaPlus is a nice way to go.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement