🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

LUA Information

Started by
11 comments, last by MatrixCubed 21 years, 8 months ago
Thank you sQuid,

My problem is that I am building a DLL in which I embed Lua. My switches are set to MDd and MD (debug and release) and these switches seem to be the only one we can use for a DLL. If I try to use another switch, the compiler says:

fatal error C1189: #error : Please use the /MD switch for _AFXDLL builds

Does this mean I have to rebuild the Lua files with these same switches? Would that work?
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Floating
Does this mean I have to rebuild the Lua files with these same switches? Would that work?

Exactly.

In general, tho, if you''re going to make a library that extends the Lua static library, you may as well add the files into your project. That''ll ensure that the build options are in sync; and it''ll allow you to easily make any minute changes to the Lua source that you need to.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Whaaaaaa!!! It is working without any strange error message now!! I just added the source files to my project (I would never had thought about that... do I need some sleep? ) and I think that''s much nicer and cleaner.

Thanks a lot for all your help

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement