Advertisement

new to 3DS Max and close to hari-kiri :)

Started by June 18, 2002 01:31 PM
3 comments, last by Very_Metal 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi all, i`ve just got 3ds max 4 and i`ve having a few little problems with textures. The main problem (and it`s quite a big one) is that i can`t use them. If i use the Bitmap texture (or any that need to map an image, bricks, etc) and then choose an image, it makes the option of adding it to the selected object out of the matrial editor. i mean, the icon is there, but you can`t use it. i KNOW it works because i fluked it once (is there a property i have to assign to the object to make it "mappable"??), but i can`t do it intentionally. The software came with a privately bought pc and there`s no manual so please, before any more hair is lost, HEEELP MEEEEE! thanks in advance
How exactly do you apply/create the texture?
Advertisement
can''t help directly, but...

you can always go down to your favorite book store and pick one of the 100 How to Use 3DSMax books. 3Ds isn''t exactly the most intuitive of programs and a good reference book will save you 1,000s of suicide attempts

-me
Have you added a "UVW Map" modifier to the object?
Also try the tutorials which come with the program (drops down from "Help" on the menu bar), the games production section has some good texturing tuts I believe.

------------
aud.vze.com - The Audacious Engine <-- It''s not much, yet. But it''s mine... my own... my preciousssss...
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
cool, thanks guys....
managed to make some progress but i`ll try what y`all said as well....

thanks a lot

have a good one

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement